Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Welcome to our Holy Land Blog





Dear friends,

Welcome to our Holy Land Blog.

I am so excited that you will be able to journey with us, via this Blog, as we walk in the steps of Christ. Each day we’ll be sending you a journal entry on the sites, photos, and activities of that particular day. The first entry from the Holy Land won’t be up until we finish our first day’s adventure on Tuesday, December 2nd.

Pre-flight jitters are already hitting me as I scramble to get everything ready. Fr. David and I are preparing the homilies, liturgies, and prayer services that we’ll be using during our adventure. I already packed your prayer request so that I won’t forget them in the last minute rush. The booklet will stay with me wherever we go and there will be forty pilgrims praying for our parish.

Monday morning our pilgrimage begins at 5:00 am. The St. Bernard crew, along with yours truly, will be leaving the St. Bernard parking lot in a shuttle bus heading to Logan Airport. It’s a bit early but who’s going to be able to sleep anyways!

Please keep us in your prayers as you will be in ours. May God bless you and our beautiful parish.

With peace,
Fr. Rick

4 comments:

  1. Good luck have fun and come home safely

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you on your journey...enjoy every minute as I am sure it will fly by! Love, Kerry Dutton

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is 4:42 am on 11/30. As I drink my second cup of coffe and get ready for work, I wanted to pause and say a prayer for a safe journey as I picture you all gathered in the parking lot. You will all be in my thoughts in the coming days and I hope the journey is one of peace filled moments of wonder, joy and closeness to our Lord.

    Blessings,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you remain safe as you walk through the land of our Lord.You are so lucky to be able to experience this journey.
    I will keep you all in my prayers.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete